So exactly how does Fortune determine the Best Companies list? They conducted a survey with over 81,000 employees from 353 companies. To learn more, click “How we pick the 100 Best”. What is even more interesting about the list is the highest pay. Bingham McCutchen takes the prize with an average annual pay of $256,000 (yes, this is an average!).
- Ernst & Young – The accounting, audit and advisory services Firm is ranked 51 this year (up from 57). E&Y has over 130,000 employees globally with 24,000 in the US. They hired 119 people last year. Their main career page gives an overview of the company followed by a drop-down box so that you can select you location. Clicking on the US, the domestic link lists all of the awards they’ve received as an employer very impressive) and then has a section for students or experience hires. To the right of the page there is a link for job search. Using their experienced hire generic search returned 411 job opportunities in the US.
- Stew Leonard’s – Ranked 53 (we skipped 52 as the company was previously covered), this company owns supermarkets. 2,200 employees and 24 hires last year, their main career page is very interesting. It almost looks like a family web page with pictures of employees across different events. Listed on the left-hand side of the page is information on the company (with various categories), a Current Openings link as well as a Apply Now link. Current Openings (well you can figure this out) is of course current openings. The Apply Now page allows you to register so that they have your information should a job opening that matches your experience become available.
- Erickson Retirement Communities – Ranked 54 this year (way up from 93), Erickson has over 10,000 employees and hired 971 people last year. Their main careers page has tabs to the left for Search Jobs, Benefits, Events and more. In the center of the page they have six categories to select from for a targeted search. You can also click on “See Our Full List of Positions Available” to cut to the chase. Clicking on this (without criteria) returned the maximum which is 100 jobs. Not sure how many more exist beyond that, but you can find out by conducting a more targeted search.
- Salesforce.com – Ranked 55, this company is the 2nd fastest growing tech company. With almost 3,000 employees, they hired 381 people last year. The main careers page has a lot of good information on the company. They have a dedicated link for University recruiting and they show some of the open positions on this page as well as links to specific functional areas. Click on “Careers current openings” on the right hand side of the page to see job opportunities. There is not an actual count of open positions on their site, but a quick guess (looking at the open positions) there must be close to 100 opportunities.
- Big pay: Annual pay – So which of these companies (on the Best Companies list) are the highest paying? Check out the link. Fortune has sorted the list from highest paying to lowest in this group along with the position that demands (or gets for the lowest) that salary. The lowest paid job on the list is Service Manager at $44k per year to the highest (Associate) at $256k.
Good luck in your search.
Article courtesy of the Recruiting Blogswap, a content exchange service sponsored by CollegeRecruiter.com, a leading site for college students looking for internships and recent graduates searching for entry level jobs and other career opportunities.